My new tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L484TAE

5 Year Member
I bought my new tortoise today. I'd like to explain why, so i'm quoting the writing that I posted on another thread
Code:
I wanted one after watching clips on videos a few years back and seeing how funny and cool the look.

Also, it helps that like most reptiles, it wont run right up your arm and off it goes so your not afraid to take it out, You can put it on the floor while cleaning its tank (if you know you wont stand on it) and it wont go too far or run up a wall, they don't mind if you don't pick them up, and they don't mind if you do. And they don't try and escape from your hand.

They're just cool. I wanted one years ago and it was four days ago when I asked if I could have one (not ever thinking i'd be allowed one because I wasn't when I asked a few years back) and I was allowed one. I looked it up on google, how to look after them, planned out what to keep it in, how much it's going to cost and when out and bought one right away.

And that is why I bought my tortoise. :tort:

My tortoise is only small, still under the 100mm limit to chipping. Its 18 months old and I got it today (I may have already said that, i'm not sure..)

I've got all the equipment it needs and is currently in a safe vivarium. It hasn't got a lid so the vapor wont stick to the side and stay damp. Also to stop glass confusion, I put a bit of cardboard around the edges of the tank so it can see. I have a heat lamp and a UVB lamp to keep it warm and healthy. Also, I bought a thermostat to keep it at the right tempurature and a thermometer incase it stops working. I've given it food and it's eaten most of it so i'll be feeding it more tomorrow as it's been in the shop and fed for today aswell as the food I gave him.

I have some pictures i'll upload in a sec. If you go to youtube.com/mineshack you'll currently be landed on my page with a video of him. Please watch and tell me what you think:)

Also, when shall I start bathing and what tempurature do you think I should have the water at? I know a warm of 60F can still be okay as they need 80F. I won't be doing that though unless reccomended. I stick with luke-warm.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Congrats on your new baby!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Very excited for you:) They are so enjoyable. Watch out though because one tortoise always leads to more LOL.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D We LOVE PICS :p

And yes, when soaking your tortoise you will want to assure the water is tepid (warm to the touch and not hot) and you should keep the soaking water warm for the entire soaking...

How exciting for you :D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
TortieLuver said:
Very excited for you:) They are so enjoyable. Watch out though because one tortoise always leads to more LOL.

Tattoos have the same effect! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.