tortoise3007.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Is it a tangerine? That's awesome. You did the grafting and now it growing? What root stock did you use?

Yvonne

gary27

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Louisiana
I used Flying Dragon rootstock. I also like to use Poncirus Trifoliate, as it is a very good rootstock for Louisiana. It is a Tangerine or Mandarin.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Very nice.. I see to have been born with a brown thumb.. BUt my 9 year old.. I think she has the gift of her Great Grandma's Green thumb.. she can drop a seed anywhere and that sucker will jump up she can mix and move plants and they live.. I just let her take care of my plants.. lol.. I point and click her that way I dont have to touch it and kill it with my brown thumb.. :)

Nice work Gary

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That's great Gary. Have you tried grafting different fruits together. I have a plum, nectarine, peach, and apricot "tree". Last year was the first year it produced fruit...I got 6 peaches...the rest of the flowers fell off. I cut it all down last fall....bad move...so this year it is fuller, but no fruit.

gary27

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Louisiana
I have never grafted stone fruits, they require a lot of spraying here because of the humidity. I did graft some pears this year. I do have a potted tree that i'm going to do multiple citrus grafts on, and I want to graft some different varieties on a young jujube tree and persimmon tree in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.