My russian tortoise only eats brocolli!!!

Vanillukit

Location (City and/or State)
Appleton WI
i have tried to feed her all sorts of other vegetables and sometimes fruits and she won’t eat anything except brocolli and iceberg lettuce which i don’t give her often because it has like no nutritional value. please help !!,

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You have to be the care taker here. If you don't feed it he can't eat it.
Chop up better foods, no fruit! Then chop a little bit of the broccoli and iceberg to same size as the rest. Spritz with water. Do this every time until he eats it and then slowly take away the broccoli and iceberg.
It might take day, weeks, months, but you need to do it. He didn't get hooked on iceberg and broccoli by himself.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome!

As wellington has said, you need to ween off the inappropriate foods and start introducing healthy foods, they can be stubborn but it’s necessary and remember variety is key! You want to aim for leafy greens and weeds with these guys, definitely no fruit.
Perhaps you’ll find this website below helpful to look through, you could buy seeds online, plant in your own organic soil(don’t let tortoise have access) and forage from them as they grow😊

Whilst you’re here, I don’t suppose we could get some information on how you’re keeping them? It’s so helpful to know with new members🥰

What are your temps like? Ie basking temp?(directly under the bulb) overall day temps? Night temps?

What kind of lighting/heating are you using? Packaging photos are great!

If you use indoor uv, what kind?

Indoor or outdoor set up? What size?

How’s your humidity?

What are you using for substrate?

What age roughly?🙂

If we could get a photo of your set up that would be great! Hope you stick around😁