My tortoise has dark eyes Baby Leopard tortoise

JDDV97

Location (City and/or State)
Houstin tx
Recently bought a leopard tortoise from a reptile show. He has dark eyes. He sleeps about 20 hours out of the day. I soak him 20 minutes a day and keep him outside 14 hours and inside 10 hours at night to avoid predation . I live in Texas for context . He eats grass , spring mix , succulent , He doesn’t eat mushed pellets. I try to put Repti calcium on 2x a week . His substrate full of flowers I found safe on the tortoise table . Organist top soil mix and repti bark . I let him roam backyard so he can get exercise over different elevation. Any advice?IMG_2058.jpegIMG_2066.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2067.jpeg
    IMG_2067.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2079.jpeg
    IMG_2079.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2077.jpeg
    IMG_2077.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

JDDV97

Houstin tx
He also looks like he has a lump in his throat if you look at the pictures. He also never eats the plants in his enclosure. They’re all plants. I found safe on table tortoise.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome to the forum!💚🐢

Your baby shouldn’t be living outside full time like this until they are measuring at least 10 inches, whilst they are so young, they need housing in a closed chamber set up for at least the first 3 years. They can roam a secure outdoor enclosure for no more than a few hours a day.

Store brought top soil’s shouldn’t be used as there’s no way of knowing exactly what plants have gone into it, could be something toxic.

Hopefully you’ll find this thread I made useful to read, it goes over the correct types of equipment(many folks get sold the wrong stuff), maintaining humidity, correct levels etc

This is another care sheet you might find helpful too!

Lastly, hopefully you’ll find this one useful in helping you know what bulbs to avoid and stuff🙂

Hope this helps! Any further questions, please do ask! They’ll always be someone to help😊