My tortoises age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megs123456

5 Year Member
Hello!! I recently adopted my russian tortoise from pet smart and they weren't very sure of the information they Gave to me, for example, they didn't know which of the 2 tortoises in the enclosure, was which type of species. They also couldn't tell apart the girls from boys! Anyways I was just curious if anyone could help me identify which kind of tortoise I have and how old it is. Thanks!!ImageUploadedByTortForum1376076059.062323.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1376076088.063550.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1376076106.393640.jpg

Russian tortoise owner

Last edited by a moderator:

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
It's a russian tortoise. And there is no true way of telling how old he/she is. If you got him/her from a pet store, it could be any where between 4-10 years old.

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

WillTort2

5 Year Member
If you post a picture of your Russians tail viewing from the under side someone may be able to determine which sex.

The shell looks a little dry, what is your substrate and do you know the humidity level for your enclosure?

megs123456

5 Year Member
WillTortoise said:
If you post a picture of your Russians tail viewing from the under side someone may be able to determine which sex.

The shell looks a little dry, what is your substrate and do you know the humidity level for your enclosure?

I uses Eco earth the one with coconut fiber, and I spray his enclosure with water every day, but it's pretty dry in la so I have to do it multiple times a day. The humidity levels are 50% to 80%. Am I doing something wrong? And how can I keep his shell healthy?

Caboose

5 Year Member
You should soak your tortoise daily for 20-30 min when they are young but since we are not sure of the age i would do it anyways just to be safe.

My Sulcata Michelangelo[TURTLE]
and my RedFoot Raphael [TURTLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.