MY TURTLE IS OVER HEATING + HE’S IN MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR SWOLLEN EYE

RKH

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia,Jakarta
So my turtle hasn’t eat in 2 weeks less and he’s a juvenile, i tried force feeding him (no luck) and now i’m cooling him in cool water because of overheating + can someone help me (its a brazillian turtle)

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
He might be ill. Check the food you are feeding him. Maybe that is why he will not eat the food again.

RKH

Indonesia,Jakarta
He might be ill. Check the food you are feeding him. Maybe that is why he will not eat the food again.
I think he’s dead? i cant with this. Will it revive? I tried force feeding him in certain ways + do you have social media? I would like to get help as much as possible

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
I think he’s dead? i cant with this. Will it revive? I tried force feeding him in certain ways + do you have social media? I would like to get help as much as possible

If you can, take him to the vet as soon as possible, they will most likely identify his illness and what is causing it.

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Strong sunlight i think yes. Is he dead?

If there are any signs he is still alive, do anything to make him colder. They are cold-blooded animals. If you manage to keep him alive, NEVER and I mean EVER expose your turtle to sunlight that strong. Please send me a picture of him as well.

RKH

Indonesia,Jakarta
If there are any signs he is still alive, do anything to make him colder. They are cold-blooded animals. If you manage to keep him alive, NEVER and I mean EVER expose your turtle to sunlight that strong. Please send me a picture of him as well.
he only stick his legs out and he hasnt eaten in 1 week+ because of his disease :(

Attachments

• F8BC3CF2-0806-4E18-BA76-79F6487D71BB.jpeg
    F8BC3CF2-0806-4E18-BA76-79F6487D71BB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 68

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Keep him out of the water and give him some time to cool down for a bit. Don't worry, overheating will not lead to the death of your turtle. It can be cured easily as long as you know what you're doing.

RKH

Indonesia,Jakarta
Keep him out of the water and give him some time to cool down for a bit. Don't worry, overheating will not lead to the death of your turtle. It can be cured easily as long as you know what you're doing.
What about his eyes? I already gave him medicine for like 4 days or more and it still did not get better

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
What about his eyes? I already gave him medicine for like 4 days or more and it still did not get better

His eye is most likely swollen because he hit it on something hard, or because the sunlight hit him straight in the eye. If you think anything in your tank is hard enough to get his eye swollen remove it immediately. In the mean time try giving him some eye drops. Keep giving him medicine as instructed.

RKH

Indonesia,Jakarta
His eye is most likely swollen because he hit it on something hard, or because the sunlight hit him straight in the eye. If you think anything in your tank is hard enough to get his eye swollen remove it immediately. In the mean time try giving him some eye drops. Keep giving him medicine as instructed.
I mean i already gave him an eyedrop for turtles only for straight 4 days or more and nothing is hard on my tank, only water and basking area

RKH

Indonesia,Jakarta
I mean i already gave him an eyedrop for turtles only for straight 4 days or more and nothing is hard on my tank, only water and basking area
The funny thing is 2 days earlier after i took my turtle to the vet, the left eye starts bleeding but, the blood is already thick and become one woth the skin and when i checked him again the blood is gone

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth

I gave you all my knowledge now. In fact this is only my third day owning a Russian Tortoise. Try reaching out to one of the more experienced guys on here. Good luck man.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
hello,

we can't provide you with a decent reason unless you can show us/tell us how your habitat is set up. It sounds like there is a lot going on and they may or may not be connected to each other.

RKH

Indonesia,Jakarta
hello,

we can't provide you with a decent reason unless you can show us/tell us how your habitat is set up. It sounds like there is a lot going on and they may or may not be connected to each other.

Attachments

• F3DCE5DE-0A30-4005-B5E2-846261E5DDD8.jpeg
    F3DCE5DE-0A30-4005-B5E2-846261E5DDD8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49