Myrtle's new pen: journal (under construction!)

And it's finished! Myrtle's been in it for about half an hour and is loving her new digs. I planted some clover, still waiting on the Testudo Seed Mix, and until then she's feasting on kale and dandelion greens. We're going to the gym right now so I don't have time to post pictures, but hopefully I'll be able to tonight or tomorrow morning!

Although I know I'll bump into some controversy, I decided not to go with the pavers. The stakes are extremely sturdy and the enclosure is pretty large so right now I'm not thinking it's likely she'll get out. I've also tested her up against it multiple times and each time she's tried to dig for under a minute before giving and moving away. She prefers to dig by the plants. Thank you all so much for your suggestions though! I really appreciate all of the help you've given to make Myrtle's enclosure awesome.

Here's a pic of the pen from a distance. As you can see, it's quite easy to lose her inside of it, haha! The ground is leaf mulch and she loves digging in it. It was super hot today so she was burrowed/hiding whenever I went out to check on her. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture with her in it but tomorrow I have to find her in order to give her a bath (that'll be a chore!) so maybe I can get a few then. The Testudo seed mix came in the mail today which I was super excited about. I sowed a small patch about 8'x2' along with some red clover seeds. I'm planning to start some calendula/marigold and transplant it once it's somewhat mature. Thanks again for all of your help!

Attachments

• P6220006.jpg
    P6220006.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 9