Need advice on killing Creeping Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Ok the area where I want to expand the tortoise pen is covered in Creeping Charlie. Is it safe to use round up to kill it all? If so how long do I have to wait till I can let the torts in there? The only other option I know of is completely dig everything out. I am not sure I am able to do that much work, LOL. I hate killing everything out because there is some good weeds growing in that area but to get rid of the Charlie I really have no choice. All the rain we have had the Charlie has really taken over. Any other ideas welcome.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Borax will kill it, 10 oz in 2.5 gallons of water, spray the weed, Here it gets dry in summer, the hot sun with dry ground does it in also,-until next year-. It thrives in shade and moist soil. Len

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
So after I spray with Borax then when can I replant? How long till it's ok to let my torts graze in that area? We have had so much rain that the stuff is taking over my whole yard. My yard is about 80 percent shade too so that don't help. The area where I am planning the enclosure gets about 50/50 sun and shade so If I can kill this darn Creeping Charlie it will be a great pen.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
just tell him not to bite your finger any more, no need to kill him...

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Mean Guy said:

Since you don't want me to kill creeping charlie give me your address and I will send it to you, LOL.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
Missy said:
Mean Guy said:

Since you don't want me to kill creeping charlie give me your address and I will send it to you, LOL.
Nah, I have enough here. you keep him, lol. Have you seen the charlie bit my finger video?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Mean Guy said:
Missy said:
Mean Guy said:

Nah, I have enough here. you keep him, lol. Have you seen the charlie bit my finger video?
No I have not,sounds funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.