Need Plant ID

Orbela

So I use iNaturalist to update plant locations was wondering if I can get ID on the following and if it’s safe for Sulcata Tortoise
IMG_0185.JPGIMG_0198.JPGIMG_0188.JPGIMG_0194.JPG

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
@Orbela, where are you located? Is it Calfornia? If so, the first one is wild buckwheat, safe.

The second is wild mustard, safe but your tortoise may not care for it.

If in California, the third may be Desert Willow, which is safe for desert and steppe (Russian) tortoises; I’m not sure about Sulcatas.

I feel I know the fourth as well but can’t put my finger on it just now.

Orbela

@Orbela, where are you located? Is it Calfornia? If so, the first one is wild buckwheat, safe.

The second is wild mustard, safe but your tortoise may not care for it.

If in California, the third may be Desert Willow, which is safe for desert and steppe (Russian) tortoises; I’m not sure about Sulcatas.

I feel I know the fourth as well but can’t put my finger on it just now.

Yes I am located in Southern California. Thanks for the iD guess I’ll go and collect some tomorrow. I have to check that is possible since we protect everything. Thanks!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
It’s really helpful if you add your location to your profile. Folks in your area will be more comfortable id’ing plants from where they live. If you look under my avatar on the left, you’ll see I’m located in Newport Coast; the scrub chapparal in your area is familiar to me.

You can add your location by updating your “personal details” in the settings.