Need Some Good Old Opinion On My Russian Tortoise's

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort:"Hi" everyone I have a question to ask you if you don't mind? you see those Russians I have posted especially the two female's along with Rocky my Male he's the one with the black shell "well have you ever seen colors on Russians like that before?

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-80902.html

I mean I've seen a lot of Russian Tortoises in my Days before and almost all of them are just Plain Awful Greyish and normal in color! those two females I have I recieved them separate from different places and I got them believe it or not as large Adults! or semi Adults recently. One I got from a friend who actually made a traded with me for something! and she in return actually got it from a person who owns a pet shop. if you look in picture # 4 that female came with that male that I have no more! I traded him because he did not get along with my other Male Rocky who is also pictured in pic#4 he's the Black shell Russian! Now the Second female I recently purchased "her" believe it or not the other Day I got her in Pet smart! "yup" on sale too $80.00 from $139.00!! and she's clean with no scratches or marks!! when I noticed she had the same colors as my other female I Grabbed her up! So my question to all is has any body ever seen a maginated Tortoise? they almost have the same identical colors as my female's Russians do! Now remember my Russian (females) I got them from Different Places, so for them to be from the same clutch if mixed with another tortoise like the marginted for example I think it sound impossible! So any suggestions? "what do you think of all this?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
All of the tortoises pictured in your other thread are Russian tortoises.

And just a hint about photobucket...once you've put pictures on the Forum from photobucket, you can't move them around or delete them from photobucket or they get removed from your thread on the Forum.

There are several different sub-species of Horsefield's tortoise. I'm not educated enough to know the differences, however, that might be why you see such different-looking tortoises in your grouping.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
All of the tortoises pictured in your other thread are Russian tortoises.

And just a hint about photobucket...once you've put pictures on the Forum from photobucket, you can't move them around or delete them from photobucket or they get removed from your thread on the Forum.

There are several different sub-species of Horsefield's tortoise. I'm not educated enough to know the differences, however, that might be why you see such different-looking tortoises in your grouping.
thank you Yvonne :) I was having problems with the pictures again? Bye, Anthony (Grogansilver)

Status
Not open for further replies.