Need some help identifying these plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepherrayne

5 Year Member
I have two plants that I have came across growing near a stretch of trees that I was wondering if anyone can help me identify. I live in Central Ohio and am trying to find plants that are safe for my sulcata Littlefoot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Darren

60c75a9f.jpg

fc8726aa.jpg

44489047.jpg

5088fc56.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have no idea. But I have the ones in the first pic growing in my yard. A weed of some sort, as I didn't plant them. Check out thetortoisetable.org and the tortoiselibrary.com to see if you can find them on there.

BTW, the first pic, the one I have, grows in my leopards pen. He doesn't touch it that I know of. If he does, he is healthy as a horse. I wouldn't worry about that one.

Zepherrayne

5 Year Member
I think that I have concluded that the plant in the second two photos is a snakeroot. Which I believe is quite poisonous, actually was the cause of death of Abraham Lincoln's mother. When cows eat this the poison is excreted in their milk causing lots of human deaths before milk was pasteurized. Littlefoot will not be getting anywhere near that one. As for the other one I am still not sure. Any suggestions?

Darren
1 Sulcata
5 dogs

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Darren,
Can you take it to a, “real" plant nursery for an id? I do this then ask for the spelling and I do a search on google while standing there. If photos don't match I say,“ guess again", other wise I'm good to go. I thank them and go on my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.