Need some ideas for a baby Herman's tortoise setup

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not sure why you posted this? Some of these items are not recommended as they are bad. Correct info is within our own caresheets and threads.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome and thanks for the chart. I am going to bookmark this one.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
No, some of that is not correct. For instance, sulcatas should never go below 80 degrees. That’s just one thing. Most of it is good but not all

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is correct info
No, some of it isnt correct! The coil bulbs should not be used. A couple of the dishes should not be used at least for young ones. They should be in closed chambers for young ones. The humidity chart you listed is off. Not sure what the dry rot pic is of but its shell rot, not dry rot and is not caused by being too dry like dry rot sounds.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
this is what a owner of a hermans gave me. she said it was the same for every tortoise.
She's wrong. It's not all wrong but some of it is. Every tortoise can never be the same. They are from all different areas if the world. Read the info we have here and forget what she told you. Like I said not all of it is wrong but some if it is.

Renee2019

Buffalo, sc
I finally found a great place that sells Herman's tortoise. I can get all the supplies it needs but the Herman's tortoise cost $139.00 plus shipping.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Just a thought have you seen if there are rescue centres near you with torts that need good homes?
Older torts still need the right conditions and care but they may be less fragile than babies.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
What is the place? Remember what we said about buying the cheapest out there from less reputable places. I would check the Vendor Reviews thread in this Forum and see what feedback other members have provided about the place.

Just don't want you wasting $139+shipping if you're going to buy an unhealthy and poorly started baby.