Need Tortoise house

Victoria Edwards

Location (City and/or State)
ChicagoBER
I'm in need of a used Zoo Med tortoise house. I live in the Chicago land area and will pick up. I am fostering a couple of tortoises and need to make a combined larger habitat with the Zoo med house that I already have.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
A second hand bookcase laid on its back with all the shelves knocked out and lined with pond liner, shower curtain or heavy duty polythene makes a great tortoise table.

Don’t put these two together unless they came together. They need six months in quarantine first.

As they are so territorial, they don’t do well as pairs in any case.

Victoria Edwards

ChicagoBER
A second hand bookcase laid on its back with all the shelves knocked out and lined with pond liner, shower curtain or heavy duty polythene makes a great tortoise table.

Don’t put these two together unless they came together. They need six months in quarantine first.

As they are so territorial, they don’t do well as pairs in any case.
Sorry if I made you think I was housing them together. I actually have several Russian tortoises. I wanted the second zoo med house so that I could combine the 2 houses together with some hinges and so on for just one tort. None of my 5 tortoises have ever been housed together, nor will they ever be. I've had tortoises since I was 4 to 5 years old and without saying my age, that was over 40 years ago. I appreciate the response and realize some people still need to be told what to do.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Sorry if I made you think I was housing them together. I actually have several Russian tortoises. I wanted the second zoo med house so that I could combine the 2 houses together with some hinges and so on for just one tort. None of my 5 tortoises have ever been housed together, nor will they ever be. I've had tortoises since I was 4 to 5 years old and without saying my age, that was over 40 years ago. I appreciate the response and realize some people still need to be told what to do.

No problem. We’re clearly a similar vintage... Joe joined the family in 1970 :)