Nervous new owner

Veitality

Location (City and/or State)
WILLIAMSTOWN
2 month old red foot only seems to eat during nightly baths? When in its enclosure it just burrows and hides.
Ambient temp in the mid 80’s during day and mid 70’s at night. Humidity is in the 80’s during the day and 70’s at night.
I have a UVB bulb.
We haven’t pooped yet.
Should I worry about anything?

Super Nervous

Hamiltondood

Richmond, Texas
do you have lots of shade in the enclosure? red foots are "tropical" tortoises, they dont have lots of sunlight in the rain forest. what are you feeding him/her?

Hamiltondood

Richmond, Texas
Yea. I have some fake ivy laying in there. It hides under it all day. Lol
you should consider buying "tree" like plants, it provides lots of shade. i think the reason why it's only eating at night is that its not as bright as night. could be wrong though so maybe wait for a second opinion. the reason why you might not be seeing any poops may because it's eating the poops.. not 100% sure but i know tortoises eat poop (dog poop is most common LOL)

Veitality

WILLIAMSTOWN
you should consider buying "tree" like plants, it provides lots of shade. i think the reason why it's only eating at night is that its not as bright as night. could be wrong though so maybe wait for a second opinion. the reason why you might not be seeing any poops may because it's eating the poops.. not 100% sure but i know tortoises eat poop (dog poop is most common LOL)
If that’s the case it’s gonna have a smorgasbord when I build its outdoor enclosure. Lol

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
That enclosure should never drop below 80°. 70s are way too low! Also, we need pics of your enclosure and lighting to accurately assess what could be going on

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
my redfoot is a straight pig, so once we have more info I'm sure we can help you guys out

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
What kind of UVB bulb are using?