New addition

Lucypup

Location (City and/or State)
Overton morecambemambu
Hi everyone I have just rescued another horsfield called tilly I will not be allowing her to share homes with Timmy I don't want Babs or fights she is very timid she is over weight and I am not sure if she has seen a light for at least 12 months the lady I got her off just let her run around her bungalow like the torts we had as kids hope I can give her a healthier life even though I an new to this but had loads of help with Timmy from you guys wish me luck this is Tilley in two halves Not Literally!!!!! 20180402_161003.jpg

Attachments

• 20180402_160401.jpg
    20180402_160401.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She looks like a nice, big girl

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
If her care was that poor I am amazed her shell is in that condition, it doesn't look bad at all. She will be a breeding machine haha.

Lucypup

Overton morecambemambu
It is quite bumpy when yo see it close up but she seems alert and happy enough at the moment her little fat legs seem to stick out compared to Tim he is a fit little rocket

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
Can anyone tell me is there any way you can tell how old a tort is I don't know how old tilly is

Not really. You can make an educated guess based on their size, For instance if 2 inches, she may be 1-2 years, if 4 inches 4 to 5 years and so on. But it isn't very reliable because torts have different growth rates even within the same species, factors like diet/light can make them grow slow or fast. I would say expect up to a 5 year margin for error. The smaller the tort the better for an accurate guess...simply because a 2 inch tort is unlikely over 3 years old.

Lucypup

Overton morecambemambu
Thanx it does not really matter I was just wondering she is hear to stay and love her life however long she deserves it after all and be spoilt in what she needs