New addition..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well picked up the Leopards today.... They are smaller than I thought .. 5-6" and either 4-5 yrs old.. The seller told me she brought them from a breeder in Arizona as hatchlings..All she remembers about the breeder is he wrote a book about leopards..

All in all they seem in good health..one needs a break trim... I set them up in a quarantine area..6x5.. Temp is 84*F and a basking/UVB area at 105" ..

They are settling in..One immediately went and started to chow down... The other is curled up tight in his shell and hasn't moved in the last hour(<---is this normal)

Will post pics later..

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Congrat's :) is the one that is in the shell the one that had some swelling?? Cant wait for some pic's:tort: PS today is not Monday :p

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Cory..I just checked on them now.. And there both marching around eating...there appears to be no swelling now...

She called me this AM ....She needed to change the time Monday ..and I really didn't want to fight rush hr traffic back from CT... So i took the ride..

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Melly-n-shorty said:
I wonder if she got them from riparian farms... they wrote a book on leopards.

I dont know...She said he was well known in the tortoise world....

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
It was likely the Fifes...whether Richard or Jerry...who knows...but one of them.!

Status
Not open for further replies.