New Arrivals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
My students helped me create this Tortoise habitat in my classroom yesterday. They assumed we were making it for my current tortoise, having no idea what the afternoon would bring!

TortoiseHabitat.jpg

Later, the office secretary came in carefully carrying a small box. The students were SO surprised!

MaggieandMolly10-5-2010.jpg

Now the little ones, named Maggie (in the foreground) and Molly are at my home, eating like little piggys! They are vigorous and beautiful, and I'm very pleased! (I've replaced the Limoges bone dish with a tiny pink china plant saucer.) Thanks, Tom!

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
They look fantastic and the enclosure seems great also. I'm sure the kids will really enjoy having them in the classroom! Now you will have to work even harder to keep their attention away from the torts! :D

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Greg T said:
They look fantastic and the enclosure seems great also. I'm sure the kids will really enjoy having them in the classroom! Now you will have to work even harder to keep their attention away from the torts! :D

Thanks, Greg. I had to explain to my students that the torts can occasionally visit us in the classroom, but can't live there. I am present at the school only 8 hours a day, and these little guys need more attention that that. In addition, our building heat malfunctioned last year and it was 110 degrees in my classroom one morning. With the additional heat in the tort home that would have been lethal. These girls live at my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.