new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkustom

5 Year Member
as some of you may know I recently purchased a redfoot baby about a week ago and on Sunday I decided my little "Frankie" needed a friend (plus I was addicted)

so today fedex brought to me my little "Jordan"

(Frankie in the back, Jordan up front)

imag0177g.jpg

She has a beautiful mango orange head and bright red feet

imag0178y.jpg

imag0181qr.jpg

Both are from Vicki @tortoiseyard.com
Jordan is from a different mom and dad than Frankie, she is a month older than Frankie and I think they remembered each other because they took nearly seconds to get warmed up and hang out.

I gave Jordan a warm soak and fed her and Frankie and now they are both snuggled up in their hide sleeping

I cannot say enough about Vicki Hale's redfoots at tortoiseyard.com, if you're in the market to buy a baby she is simply an awesome breeder.

LeoCraze

5 Year Member
Yeah, you can't just have 1 tort. I had 1 first, then was itching to get it a playing buddy.

mel262011

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Robertsdale, AL
I'm getting a new RF hatchling next wk, well I will be paying for it next wk then it will be here Tuesday 9/20. My RF will have a friend :) So happy for you and your little torts.

flkustom

5 Year Member
mel262011 said:
I'm getting a new RF hatchling next wk, well I will be paying for it next wk then it will be here Tuesday 9/20. My RF will have a friend :) So happy for you and your little torts.

congrats! the waiting is the hardest for me

mel262011

5 Year Member
Robertsdale, AL
flkustom said:
mel262011 said:

congrats! the waiting is the hardest for me

Yeah, it is. But it gives me time to get the new area ready for it :cool:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Now I know your not suppose to pick favorites, but are you finding yourself liking one better then the other?

flkustom

5 Year Member
I can't say I like one better than the other, they each have their own little personalities and they change and grow more and more every day.

Right now I have to say that my heart goes out more to my first tortoise that I got 2 weeks before them, she is a couple years old and came from a terrible situation. I know they came from a wonderful home, and I can only hope to match that.

My first tortoise "Taylor" has only been with us about a month, and she has made leaps and bounds from the non-social, scared girl she was. She is so outgoing now and loves seeing people, and she is soo gentle around the babies when she gets to hang out with them during the day. I am a softy for the broken ones, I've been that way with every type of animal I have owned (especially with horses)

this is my Taylor,

99929980.jpg

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Who are the parents of Frankie and Jordan? Frankie looks like she may be related to mine. Three of my four Vicki babies are Ms. Slocomb and Peanut offspring.

flkustom

5 Year Member
Yes frankie is ms slocomb and peanut offspring, Jordan is from grace and the father is either Luke or dusty

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Should've known Frankie was a Ms. Slocomb and Peanut baby- orange head and red legs. I think One of mine is a Grace baby, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.