New Dad to Leopard

TortillaTheTortioise

Location (City and/or State)
N/A
Okay great il do that..heat always on..light for the evenings when I feed him since der is a bit of light in the day..n jus heat at night..

And once I buy my UV light den il keep that on in the day too..should be in a few days ( they are quite pricey around me)..so I give him lots of sun on da wknds until then ..I'm not too sure what's the newborn wavy or egg tooth but he is quite young and tiny..just learning as I go along so I can take best care of him/her..[emoji50]

Is it normal for him to slp alot..and not eat much unless you feed him by hand?..maybe my torti is a bit spoilt
My tortoise also only eats out my hande, maar hy wil sometimes eet die plants in his enclosure. What plants are u growing in his enclosure? Btw I've found that the reptile lights are a bit cheaper on Amazon or takealot

My hatchling sleeps about 22 hours a day

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi guys I'm a new Dad to a baby Leopard around 38g... please see pictures below of the enclosure bulbs and my baby...

I would just like to know if the enclosure is set up right and what the temperatures should be for the daytime and nighttime.

Currently the cool spot is around 28 to 30 degrees is that too high? It's also quiet humid. If I put my face in I find it hard to breathe?

Would he also be having difficulty breathing at these temperatures? Would it be better to put the heat ceramic light off at night where the temperature is around 22 degrees Celsius. This is the room temperature. Please note the enclosure does have air vents.

See pics of bulb baby tort and enclosure below.

View attachment 272719View attachment 272720View attachment 272721View attachment 272722View attachment 272723View attachment 272724

He is a real cutie.

slimsaj

Pretoria
My tortoise also only eats out my hande, maar hy wil sometimes eet die plants in his enclosure. What plants are u growing in his enclosure? Btw I've found that the reptile lights are a bit cheaper on Amazon or takealot

My hatchling sleeps about 22 hours a day
Okay I use to have plants in his enclosure but dey died due to not getting sun..can you please tell me what plants you have and what you feed him?..I been buying kale..n some other greens from the shops..he doesnt eat grass really..but sometimes weeds but I hardly have any of those in our yard..

Can you show me what lights you bought for a basking light and the uv one..? Takealot would be a easy buy for me..since I dont use Amazon..

Ive posted some pics of the lights I have..
1558644788365.jpeg1558644814655.jpeg

TortillaTheTortioise

N/A
Okay I use to have plants in his enclosure but dey died due to not getting sun..can you please tell me what plants you have and what you feed him?..I been buying kale..n some other greens from the shops..he doesnt eat grass really..but sometimes weeds but I hardly have any of those in our yard..

Can you show me what lights you bought for a basking light and the uv one..? Takealot would be a easy buy for me..since I dont use Amazon..

Ive posted some pics of the lights I have..
View attachment 272895View attachment 272896
I grow succulents and iceplant in his enclosure, also smooth thistle, none of these plants have died and they don't get sun either. I just she to water them every day. I use the Osram 60W spot bulb (it's quite old so they might not sell this exact one anymore) I find Alor of the high wattage Osram brand bulbs produce a lot of heat. Just make sure u have the correct lamp because it can get quite hot.

C. Nelson

Grand Junction, CO
Okay awesome..I guess I am in a diff part of Africa..il keep his light on always in that case..I must jus check the ceramic bulbs dont give problems with prolonged use..

I wanted to also find out..does his beek look normal..his area is kind of humid..der is plenty water available..but his beek looks a bit grey-ish.. is it normal or is it not humid enough?

He is also a messy eater..so I'm not sure if its stain from the kale n weeds I've been feeding him..View attachment 272792

Mine gets a grass mustache too!