New Enclosure Temps

CarterEvan

Hello,

I recently redid my leopard tortoises inside enclosure and I was wondering if these temperatures sound okay. There is an ambient of 90 degrees and then a basking of 105 in the daytime, and then around 85 degrees at night. the humidity all around is 85-90%.

Most posts I have seen recommend an ambient of 80-85 with a basking of 105. Are my temperatures too hot or will he be okay in the slightly higher temperatures?

I changed his enclosure due to the fact that he has hardly grown in 5 months so I am hoping this will jump start his new growth.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Hello,

I recently redid my leopard tortoises inside enclosure and I was wondering if these temperatures sound okay. There is an ambient of 90 degrees and then a basking of 105 in the daytime, and then around 85 degrees at night. the humidity all around is 85-90%.

Most posts I have seen recommend an ambient of 80-85 with a basking of 105. Are my temperatures too hot or will he be okay in the slightly higher temperatures?

I changed his enclosure due to the fact that he has hardly grown in 5 months so I am hoping this will jump start his new growth.

Being that he hasn't grown in 5 months it doesn't hurt to make some adjustments as you did and just see how it affects him. Hopefully it's for the better. Mine seem to enjoy it when ambient temps are above 85.

CarterEvan

Being that he hasn't grown in 5 months it doesn't hurt to make some adjustments as you did and just see how it affects him. Hopefully it's for the better. Mine seem to enjoy it when ambient temps are above 85.

yeah thats what i was thinking. do you know how he will act if he thinks its too hot? like will he be sleeping all the time or not eat or something?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
yeah thats what i was thinking. do you know how he will act if he thinks its too hot? like will he be sleeping all the time or not eat or something?
He should eat more. I would just be more mindful of hydration by turning up the heat. I'm sure you are soaking but I would make sure that happens frequently.

CarterEvan

He should eat more. I would just be more mindful of hydration by turning up the heat. I'm sure you are soaking but I would make sure that happens frequently.

yeah i soak him every morning. I'll keep a close eye on him until I know he's okay. Thanks for your help!