Worried about leopard

BILBO-03

So my leopard hatchling was gaining fine when I got him he weighed 30 grams and went up to 69 grams and just stopped gaining. He was housed in 48x18x12 glass enclosure with a basking spot of 100-105 and the cool side never got below 80. So he had good temperatures the humidity was 70-80 throughout the enclosure and about 85-95 in the humid hide. He has got outside for an hour a day he gets daily soaks sometimes two. He gets fed a varied diet of at least 5+ different items and topped off with some Zoo Med grassland Tortoise food. This morning he 69.29 grams. What makes me wonder is he has gotten a lot of white new growth but just doesn't gain weight. Any thoughts?

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Well then yes I'd be worried too. No clue why that would be the case. I assume you're soaking him daily maybe vary the diet a bit more?

BILBO-03

Well then yes I'd be worried too. No clue why that would be the case. I assume you're soaking him daily maybe vary the diet a bit more?
Yes he gets various weeds and grocery store greens daily. And he gets soaked once a day for 30 minutes. He seems healthy?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When they get new growth lines, they are growing in size and their weight could go down a bit or stay the same as they are gaining size. If the weight doesn't drop a lot consistently, not much to worry about. When the new growth has stopped the weight should start coming back on until the next growth spurt.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Does your tortoise eat the Zoo Med diet well?

Maybe try something with a little more protein content, like Mazuri.

Is he pooping regularly?

BILBO-03

Does your tortoise eat the Zoo Med diet well?

Maybe try something with a little more protein content, like Mazuri.

Is he pooping regularly?
Sorry for the late reply Neal. He doesn't really like the zoo med food but I keep mixing it with his food so I hope he will eventually develop a taste for it. Yes he poops regularly. Also today he weighed 75 grams!