New eggs

Mina Adel

She laid 2 eggs. Today
Wish me luck ..
I will be grateful for Any helpful idea .

Attachments

• 1462284388755.jpg
    1462284388755.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 56

Mina Adel

Why no one reply...
I have no experience.
This is my first time to have unbroken eggs.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Austria
What do you need help with?
I'm glad your female was able to lay the eggs without problems, now you should destroy them. ;)

Mina Adel

What do you need help with?
I'm glad your female was able to lay the eggs without problems, now you should destroy them. ;)
Thank you . That's the perfect advice I want to hear .
Questions like.. the ideal temp and how long is the incubating period.
I heared that the eggs can have dipause period.
So what is the expected time to hatch ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Why no one reply...
I have no experience.
This is my first time to have unbroken eggs.
Please be patient. We are not paid to be on this website and we live all around the world. Some will be at work, some will be in bed asleep and some will simply have no experience of eggs.

While destroying the eggs may seem harsh, it may also be for the best given that you cannot care for the animals you have adequately. The last thing you need is more tortoises.Given the poor health of your herd, the chances are that these eggs are not viable in any case.

Mina Adel

Please be patient. We are not paid to be on this website and we live all around the world. Some will be at work, some will be in bed asleep and some will simply have no experience of eggs.

It is okay. I am just encourage other to interact with me.
You all are very helpful
I am glade to be with such a great family. Especially you.

Mina Adel

While destroying the eggs may seem harsh, it may also be for the best given that you cannot care for the animals you have adequately. The last thing you need is more tortoises.Given the poor health of your herd, the chances are that these eggs are not viable in any case.

I rescue this rare kind of tortoises.
Here. We know nothing about them.
So Many die as you can see I bought sick tortoises.
I hope one day i can educate others to conserve these torts.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
My friend it sounds to me that someone here may have jumped into reptile breeding business prematurely. Am I not correct? Why not put breaks on your operation, rehome some torts (most in your case since you have no outdoor space for them), keep just one as a pet, stick to this forum, and LEARN, LEARN, LEARN! The members here will guide you through creating perfect conditions for your ONE pet, who will at that point be free of any illness or parasites. By the time you get the feeding/enclosure/basic health maintenace down, perhaps your living situation changes where you can have outdoor space for rescue operation... or... Breeding, which I think you are trying to do now. If you want to be a good breeder, have healthy parent torts and well started babies, there's a lot of work that you should do beforehand and I'm sure you can do it, just not while trying to manage sick large heard in totally wrong living conditions and without local support of experienced reptile veterinarian. Again, I encourage you to rehome all your torts but one. Or two but in separate enclosures. Keep the strongest one, as this one will help you learn all the right things you need to do to start your business. I hope you enjoy reading because you'll be doing LOTS if it now :) this forum and research of the literature have helped me become more comfortable and relaxed tort keeper and you can get there too. Wishing you best of luck

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Instead of finding someone to take the eggs, you really should be finding people to take one or more of your tortoises.
Especially if you want to consider yourself a rescuer of tortoises, you shouldn't be focusing on breeding at all right now. To do so is negligent of the health of the tortoises that you do have.

Mina Adel

Instead of finding someone to take the eggs, you really should be finding people to take one or more of your tortoises.
Especially if you want to consider yourself a rescuer of tortoises, you shouldn't be focusing on breeding at all right now. To do so is negligent of the health of the tortoises that you do have.
I will do that . I hope the best for them .. but without my treatment they will die . I always see their dead bodies thrown away.
No body knows how to treat such a pet.

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Then if you want to keep them all, you'd have to have a large enough enclosure for each of them.
They have to be separated.
Tortoises do not live in communities in the wild and typically only meet up to mate/breed and move on.

Your current set up is not healthy for any of your tortoises. I know you want to do the right thing, but you need to understand that though you have good intentions, the set up you have for your tortoises now will only result in the death of most (if not all) of your tortoises.

Mina Adel

Then if you want to keep them all, you'd have to have a large enough enclosure for each of them.
They have to be separated.
Tortoises do not live in communities in the wild and typically only meet up to mate/breed and move on.

Your current set up is not healthy for any of your tortoises. I know you want to do the right thing, but you need to understand that though you have good intentions, the set up you have for your tortoises now will only result in the death of most (if not all) of your tortoises.
I can separate them all

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
That's fantastic, however they all need to be separated in enclosures that are of decent enough size.
The size enclosure you have now is suitable for one tortoise.
Therefore you'd have to have an enclosure that size for each tortoise.

You said you don't have room for an outdoor enclosure so I'd be surprised for anyone to have enough room indoors for that many enclosures.

And no, there are no compromises on size. Tortoises need room to move, they can't stay in small enclosures.

Mina Adel

I can let them move all around the house. No enclosures at all ..
All people here do so.

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
That's not safe at all. For any of your torts. There are numerous threads on here that talk about the dangers of this and the accidents people have had with it.
Besides you would still have tremendously stressed out tortoises who are competing for the same territory. The problem would not be solved.

Tortoises have to have their own enclosures with enough room. I'm sorry but if you can't provide that then you should really look for homes for your tortoises until you have enough space to take care of them properly and act as a proper rescue for these animals.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
All people here do so.
Maybe they do so, but you said yourself that all people do it wrong because they don't know how to care for them... :(

They need a big enough, well structured enclosure with deep substrate, correct temperatures and UV light. The floor of your house is definitely not an suitable environment for your tortoises!