New enclosure, I’d like some opinions on it pls!

fergusaur

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
This is a 4ft long 3ft wide bookshelf that I turned into an enclosure for my yearling eastern hermann’s tortoise Hulu. I finally got rid of my mercury vapor bulb and switched to an acardia 75 watt flood bulb and a t5 ho reptisun uvb strip bulb hanging 20 inches in the air. He also has a clamp lamp with a che that’s on there pretty secure as well. Rn he only has one hide but I plan on getting him another later this week. I’d like some opinions and feedback on this enclosure so that I can improve it more.

Attachments

• IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hang the CHE from over head. The clamps always fail eventually.

Get a larger water bowl. Terra cotta saucers are cheap. Get two for food and two for water, so that you have extras on hand. Probably the 10 inch size for your tort.

Add a humid hide, and some decorations. Its too open and barren. Logs, rocks, potted plants, hanging potted plants, and a dark humid shelter of some sort to hide in.

Start planning your next enclosure. This one is already a bit on the small side for a tortoise that size.

fergusaur

Today is my birthday!
Delaware
Hang the CHE from over head. The clamps always fail eventually.

Get a larger water bowl. Terra cotta saucers are cheap. Get two for food and two for water, so that you have extras on hand. Probably the 10 inch size for your tort.

Add a humid hide, and some decorations. Its too open and barren. Logs, rocks, potted plants, hanging potted plants, and a dark humid shelter of some sort to hide in.

Start planning your next enclosure. This one is already a bit on the small side for a tortoise that size.
Can I use fake plants? I wanted to use a spider plant but I would die eventually and I want something more long lasting

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can I use fake plants? I wanted to use a spider plant but I would die eventually and I want something more long lasting
Mine try to eat fake plants every time I have tried to use them, so I would say no.