new enclosure

Stormy Rose

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hey guys! I just put together a better enclosure for my baby tortoise last night. It's just two plastic storage containers connected together with tape so the edges aren't so sharp. it is 3 feet x 18 inches. Does any one have any suggestions to improve it??

I would like to plan some plants in there as well. Would I just put small pots in the enclosure, or can I plant them directly? The bedding is a 50/50 mix of coconut fibers and cypress bedding right now. Also, should I be using a better substrate combination?

Thanks!

2014-10-23 21.29.34.jpg

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I think it's great for right now! Is your water dish very grippy? I don't want him to fall in :(
I tried live plants, but my russian has got this vendetta against live plants in his indoor table... fake looks so real now ;)
I would try the pots at first, until you know he's oky with them and won't smothering them to death :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
As you likely have already found out, those dial gauges are pretty crappy. get an inexpensive digital one from the hardware store or Walmart and see the difference!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
He is so very cute!! I would try to sink the water dish down a little more to be even with the substrate. He is just so tiny and it doesn't take much for him to flip. You can put in fake plants. I bet he would love to hide under them. I agree ditch the dial gauges, they are not accurate at all. Good job!!