New England boxies

edwardbo

5 Year Member
Chris Leon ,Terry O,and any others in our area .are you box turtles still on the move at this time of the season or are they starting to go down ? Every year at this time I'm a wreck at the process of their cooling off ...Chris could you give some insight on the methods you use ? How deep do they go ,do you use shelters ,what's your box tort pen look like? ( I know your very busy with your wedding ,congratulations)but,if you could give some of your expert insight I'm sure many of us would be more than gratefu .....Terry ,I'm sure most of us are familiar with your pen and it's cave ,but ,how deep is the inner chamber? I've been trying to figure it out for years .sometimes I think the insulation comes from what gets placed on top of the chamber not how far they go under. Some of mine are dug in next to old logs but they are not very deep. Please ,people in really cold climes feel free to add any hints or tips to us northerners . ( I have read volumes on this subject but information seems vague with regard to the northern extremes).thanks a million.