New extension in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
So my bookcase got the chop in order to make an extension for the torts :)
It's still in progress and they had a little test run in it today to see if they could manage the ramp ok.
Their water dish goes in the viv at the top beside the ramp and they have a ceramic heater and UVB light up top and a heat lamp and UVB at bottom.
Still need to move all their bits and bobs around so food won't be under heat.
Do I need water at top and bottom?
What do you think so far?
9364a1f9.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks for sharing! I had a similar idea so you really helped me me out! I think you did a great job! I would put the water where you see him hanging out the most. Did he like the ramp?

josh21

5 Year Member
Dude that's soo cool send me the blue prints plz haha

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Very nice!

And....random thought....when I looked at it again it reminds me of a putt putt course. You just need to tunnel down from the upper level and have it come out at the planter! Hole in one! :)

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Thanks for the comments :)
Haha yes I guess it is like a putt course, might give it a go when it gets cleaned out lol.
They are loving the ramp and manage it no problem! I didn't want it to take up so much room but was paranoid about it being too steep and them taking a tumble but they have a nice little hide under the ramp so I guess the space isn't wasted :) I can't believe how quick Harley took to the ramp, she is normally a bit shy and likes her routine but she was up and down no problem. They like the carpet for grip, it was like a slide without it but thinking about it now I should have left a section of ramp slidey for when there is a race for food hehe. Yoshi loves the pot, spends half the time sitting ontop of it :)
Blueprints....no need lol here is your step by step guide..
1. Screw wheels onto back of bookcase
2. Push book case over
3. Use a hand saw to chop up the removed shelves until you have something that slightly resembles a ramp
Hehe
Xx

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
I'm so weird! It's just as well I'm a loner as its in my living room and takes up a lot of space in the room but I don't care, want them to be happy and I can watch them as much as possible here :)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
This is very cool. I love your idea of connecting 2 containers and the ramp!!!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Awesome! I'm doing the same thing but was trying to find tire tread for the ramp-- lol-- simple carpeting is a great idea! Very nice :)

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
SailingMystic said:
Awesome! I'm doing the same thing but was trying to find tire tread for the ramp-- lol-- simple carpeting is a great idea! Very nice :)

Well I was going to put sticks or something across the ramp but then thought of carpet as they are used to it from being on my floor and were always gripping it to leave me little surprises :S . If you do use carpet you just have to make sure all the edges are tucked right under and it isn't a long thread one or I'm sure it would become a snack!!
:)

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
laney said:
I'm so weird! It's just as well I'm a loner as its in my living room and takes up a lot of space in the room but I don't care, want them to be happy and I can watch them as much as possible here :)

Sometimes I wish I was a loner cause I would do the same thing! Actually I rally want to do the same thing! I would live having a tort table in the middle of the living room so I could just watch them all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.