Extension....

Hodgeheg

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hiya
I have recently acquired an 8 month old horsfield. He's currently in a 3 foot table. I have purchased another 31cm wooden box with the intention of extending his home. However I need it to be removable as when I go away my family will look after him at their house... If permanent would be easy. Any suggestions? I thought about cutting the side of the original table out and putting it on hinges? To open out into a ramp? But that will eat into the floor space I want him to have...
This probably doesn't make sense. Apologies if it doesn't.
Thanks in advance
Hodge

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Please post pics of your tort and his enclosure so as to enable the experts to help you. And read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Without seeing your enclosures, how about a hole big enough for the tort to go through, in the end of each enclosure. Line them up and he can go back and forth. Then just fix a piece of wood to cover it when you need to separate the two.
Another way is too build a ramp/bridge with high sides that will get him from one to the other. Then no cutting and just lift the ramp/bridge when you need to.

Reactions: Tom