New family member

Ruskietort

Location (City and/or State)
phoenix, az
I just added a new family member. It is believed that this little Sulcata is just under a year old. The name is "Kifaru" which is the Swahili word for Tank. Any tips on the best enclosure humidity range for this little one? I've got it hanging at around 50% now.

Attachments

• 1495420136316.jpg
    1495420136316.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 33

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Read the caresheet under the sulcata section. Closed chamber is the best enclosure with 80 degree temps all over day and night, 80% humidity and 95-100 basking temp. Soak daily in warm water for 20-30 minutes.

Bee62

Germany
Welcome @Ruskietort to the forum and to our "tortoise family".
I wish you very much luck and joy with your new shelled friend.
He or she is a cutie !

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
I just added a new family member. It is believed that this little Sulcata is just under a year old. The name is "Kifaru" which is the Swahili word for Tank. Any tips on the best enclosure humidity range for this little one? I've got it hanging at around 50% now.

Welcome! Awesome like guy. We will be getting one ourselves come July from the reptile expo...

Ruskietort

phoenix, az
Thanks Alex, Good luck with your new baby sulcata when you get one. looks like you have a Russian too just like me! I look forward to seeing your baby pics!

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Thanks Alex, Good luck with your new baby sulcata when you get one. looks like you have a Russian too just like me! I look forward to seeing your baby pics!

Ty!! We wil be getting it sooner than I thought. Just researching what would make a great starter home..

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Thanks for the info! Temps are good 90-100 on the warm end and 75-80 on the cool end. I will get that humidity up asap!
I don't mean to be meanie but temps aren't good. 75 may be acceptable (although kinda low) right now but it won't be when you raise the humidity.

High humidity+high heat=healthy tort
But....
High humidity+low heat=Respiratory infection

Up the lowest temp in the darkest corner to 80 and you're good. I'm done being a meanie. WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :)