New Food Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hagerstown, MD
My Boxie is getting older. A year old in October. She has quadrupled in size and I need to start giving her new foods. What are your favorites / their favorites? Also what is the most available?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have around 50 box turtles of every kind. On the feeding stations, first I put down a bed of greens of some sort. Different kinds all the time. Then I put a layer of chopped (walnut sized) veggies of every kind, and finally a layer of chopped fruit. On top I'll sprinkle some meal worms or night crawlers or moistened dry cat food. I feed them (they're mostly adult) every other day.

Jerseynox

5 Year Member
se michigan
after worms and crickets
cantolope is my three toed boxes fav hes from TX
and for my eastern box (from OH) its tomatoes
i recently recieved a female ornate wood turtle so far red grapes seem to get her worked up

earthyman71

5 Year Member
Columbus, Ohio
i rotate a variety of greens daily, add fruits, earthworms, red wigglers, etc. i have one ornate, one 3 toed and 4 easterns. they all like different things but all are total banana addicts lol.

check out the feeding lists on www.aboxturtle.com

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My 3 toe is a picky eater, but I have been feeding her every day so maybe that is the problem.
She likes all worms and slugs. The only fruits and veggies she eats so far are corn, blueberries and bananas.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My young Gulf Coast Boxie loves roaches. Any and all kinds. She doesn't ever refuse night crawlers, snails, slugs or anything meaty. I've been trying to mix in other stuff, but not much success. I've been gut loading the roaches with whatever fruits and veggies I want her to eat, but she won't touch any fruits or veggies on her own. I'm going to try the "mixed meat ball" idea that I heard here on the forum with my next batch of ground turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.