New friends! PIC HEAVY

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
I'm very excited my babies arrived today safely. From Florida to Michigan!!

I thought I was going to NFL tackle the UPS guy when he walked up with the box tilted slightly. (Which would have been interesting with my 115lb 5ft frame, lol)

Anyhow, they were sleeping peacefully in little containers. I gave them a nice 20min soak and they drank and became very active.

Then they explored their enclosure for a while, munched on greens and succulents, and now they're happily hiding.

My yellow looking Redfoot - Dr. Bubbles has some slight shell deformations near the front of his carapace. But doesn't appear to be any concern and I love him either way. The very red one Professor Sweet Potato (I have kids who named them lol) HE is very active.

So here are some pics. We're already working on extending the length of the enclosure. :)ImageUploadedByTortForum1396035307.048020.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396035315.232923.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396035325.215099.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396035336.916274.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396035344.468678.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396035353.551142.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Whitneyrae said:
Congrats! They are beautiful! How are your kids enjoying them? :)

The kids are ecstatic! We've been preparing them for quite some time now. About handling them, not creating vibrations around them and how someday they will inherit them. :)

I have older children so they are old enough to be calm and respectful to our little babies. We've got a shift list posted on who gets what day to be the official mister with the spray bottle, lol. We've got a humidifier nearby as well.

Whitneyrae

Awe that is awesome! I love the "official mister" I guess that is one more title I can add to my personal repertoire! :p
I wish your torts and your kiddos the best <3

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Whitneyrae said:
Awe that is awesome! I love the "official mister" I guess that is one more title I can add to my personal repertoire! :p
I wish your torts and your kiddos the best <3

Thank you Whitney! You too! [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Whitneyrae

Thanks! my torts are my pet-children! No kiddos for this girl......I absolutely adore children, the thought of having my own is terrifying!

abclements

5 Year Member
They look awesome! Congrats! Dr Bubbles shell is totally fine. It's a 'he got to big for his egg' thing. Franklin had that when he was younger but now it's completely gone (I stopped noticing it around 4" scl, not completely sire though lol). All in all, they look great and you should be one proud tort mama!

Oh and the enclosure looks great also! Good work!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
nice pnes, hibiscus flowera are a fsv.of rf's