New from Green Valley Arizona

landsalmon2

Location (City and/or State)
Green Valley Arizona
Hi all! I am new to the forum and wanted to say Hi. We are considering adopting a Sonoran desert tortoise from Arizona fish and wildlife,We spent some time talking to the tortoise expert at the Sonoran desert musuem in Tucson this morning. Asked a lot of questions about the outdoor habitat we need when we build into our outdoor area for him, as well as plants food etc. we live next to the west desert region of Green Valley Az with a large arroyo on the other side so we have a lot of wildlife passing by, some predatory, so we want to make sure this tortoise will be safe from Coyotes.Bobcats and the like .
I was exited to see there is a Tortoise forum that we can scan for information as we move forward!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi all! I am new to the forum and wanted to say Hi. We are considering adopting a Sonoran desert tortoise from Arizona fish and wildlife,We spent some time talking to the tortoise expert at the Sonoran desert musuem in Tucson this morning. Asked a lot of questions about the outdoor habitat we need when we build into our outdoor area for him, as well as plants food etc. we live next to the west desert region of Green Valley Az with a large arroyo on the other side so we have a lot of wildlife passing by, some predatory, so we want to make sure this tortoise will be safe from Coyotes.Bobcats and the like .
I was exited to see there is a Tortoise forum that we can scan for information as we move forward!
Hello and welcome.

Understand that most of the care info given for this species will result in their death in one of several common ways, including the info from the government agencies and wildlife centers. YT, FB, pet stores, vets... all parroting the same wrong info for decades.

Start here and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom:

janetm

Phoenix AZ
Welcome! I have two DT's and they are pleasant and pretty easy to care for. And they have distinct personalities. Good luck!