new greek tortoise table box turned out cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
Terry Allan Hall said:
Looks great! Where'd ya find the "protected by killer tortoises" sign?

Was recently given this one:
378535790v3_480x480_Front.jpg

I'm not totally sure, but I believe it came with my tortoises when I bought them. I got them from theturtlesource.com you may could ask them if they have them or look on their site.

Yes, the moss is wet. Everything I've read recommends them to have a warm humid hide box. I have an under the tank heater under the plastic box and it keeps the box at about eighty to eighty five degrees. The place I got them, the turtle source, recommend the humid hide and I've seen lots of other breeder / sellers recommend it for greeks. I too would like more input though to make I'm not doing something wrong. Maybe one of us should start a new post asking this question....

Guggie said:
I really like what you've done. Nice job. But I'm confused about the hide.

I understand that Greeks are 1) not needing high humidity and 2) are susceptible to shell rot if kept on too much moisture. Yet you have a hide that has moss, that I assume is wet. Anyone have any clarification on this? I've got 2 Greeks about the same size and would love some input on this. Right now, mine hide under a bunch of rocks in some pretty dry Jungle Mix. I'm open to something more humid, if it is ok for them.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
bigbeaks said:
[
I'm not totally sure, but I believe it came with my tortoises when I bought them. I got them from theturtlesource.com you may could ask them if they have them or look on their site.

OK, thanks. :)

Angellicars

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
What size lights did you use (Length and width)? I am building a table with similar dimensions and want to make sure i have the right amount of UVB lighting.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Wonderful enclosure! It must've taken a lot of time and dedication.

jbean7916

5 Year Member
I love having the humid hide as a separate bedroom!! So cute!

B

byerssusan

bigbeaks said:
This is our new greek tortoise enclosure for Nitro and Turbo. It turned out really cute so I thought I would share my ideas.

I Love it. I just finished a tort table too. Love the hide box. You have given me more ideas I can perhaps use in mine thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.