new guy from AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildak

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,
I`ve been reading this forum for some time now but apparently I`ve never posted.
I`m from Alaska, a member of TSA, I currently have
Impressa
Sri Lankan Stars
Redfoots
Hypo Snappers
Albino Res
Leucistic Res
I plan to start building a facility next year for breeding threatened and endangered reptiles.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Welcome! Great to have you, I'm sure you have experience to share :)

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
welcome aboard. i have always wanted to go to Alaska. it seems so beautiful up there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Bryan:

Welcome to the forum!!

The only thing I know about Alaska is what you always see on TV and in pictures...snow, ice and more snow. Is the weather ever mild enough that your turtles and tortoise get some outside time? I'll bet there isn't much UV in the air that far away from the equator, huh? (pardon my ignorance)

Good to have you with us.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum!

I'm a TSA member as well, waiting on some Manouria e. e. from one of their breeding programs :)

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Sounds like a cool group you have up there.

wildak

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Bryan:

Welcome to the forum!!

The only thing I know about Alaska is what you always see on TV and in pictures...snow, ice and more snow. Is the weather ever mild enough that your turtles and tortoise get some outside time? I'll bet there isn't much UV in the air that far away from the equator, huh? (pardon my ignorance)

Good to have you with us.
Well yeah it gets cold but it gets hot in the summer also depending where you are, Fairbanks often gets -50 to +95. Where I live it`s more like -20 to 80 and Alaska is thought to have higher amount of uv and long daylight hours which make plants grow like crazy.
I still can`t leave them outside for long periods until I get my bear proof pens built at my new property. Plus you need to look out for eagles, wolverines and otters which could do some damage along with other critters.

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.