New Hatchlings!

Blastoise

5 Year Member
In August I got two clutches. In the first batch 2 out of three hatched this week. I have 4 more incubating and 3 look to have healthy torts inside, Im expecting those to hatch in 2-3 weeks. I have 2 females and 1 male in a large outdoor enclosure during the summer, all the eggs were from a large female I acquired in the spring, she was very receptive to mating. The other female has no interest in my male tort, although that doesn't stop him from trying, lol.872A490B-9180-43E9-936F-898C76B2245E.jpeg617E2D8C-2C59-4384-A099-F9645E0CFCE3.jpeg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Congrats! So cute

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
If you check out @Tom hatchlings he keeps them on a bedd of grape leaves so that if they eat the bedding it is still edible as opposed to paper towels

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You're so lucky! I've been trying for years with the russians. This year I found one baby in the russian yard.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
In August I got two clutches. In the first batch 2 out of three hatched this week. I have 4 more incubating and 3 look to have healthy torts inside, Im expecting those to hatch in 2-3 weeks. I have 2 females and 1 male in a large outdoor enclosure during the summer, all the eggs were from a large female I acquired in the spring, she was very receptive to mating. The other female has no interest in my male tort, although that doesn't stop him from trying, lol.
Congrats!

Here are tips to help you get them started right: