Not open for further replies.

juleesa

10 Year Member!
Madkins007 said:
juleesa said:
I bought some basics, I know I need to buy him more things,
but I'm still trying to figure out what he needs
I keep finding contradictory information though

There is a lot of old information based on the way we 'used' to do things or on misinderstood aspects of tortoise care. Even with that, little of the contradictory stuff is really bad.

I've got a site going where I try to share my research and offer as accurate info as I can. To offer more balance, it also links to several other good sites. http://www.tortoiselibrary.com

Wow, this is great!
Thank you!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
juleesa said:
Hi!
I just bought a red foot yesterday,
grateful for any tips or advice!

Hello and yes this is a great forum. I have 4 adult redfoots, 2 Radiated tortoises, eggs and hatchlings. Its been alot of fun, If your in Chicago you will nee to keep your new guy warm and moist. I use sphagnum moss for the bedding has worked great for me for years. When summer comes you will have to let him roam in the sun. alot of info on redfoots.com

juleesa

10 Year Member!
thank you for all the welcomes!

bigred said:
juleesa said:
Hi!
I just bought a red foot yesterday,
grateful for any tips or advice!

Hello and yes this is a great forum. I have 4 adult redfoots, 2 Radiated tortoises, eggs and hatchlings. Its been alot of fun, If your in Chicago you will nee to keep your new guy warm and moist. I use sphagnum moss for the bedding has worked great for me for years. When summer comes you will have to let him roam in the sun. alot of info on redfoots.com

oh ok,
thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.