New Here And With RedFoots

GrienWizz

Location (City and/or State)
Suriname
Hey guys, the name is Danny and I am a 2-3 month owner of 1 male and 1 female red footed tortoise that my dad brought home for me from a hunting trip.
Well he brought the female (Shelly) 1 week before he brought home the male tortoise (Faed).
I made them an outside enclosure and keep them there 24-7.
Sorry if my English is messed up b'cause I am from a South-American country called Suriname.
So with my research done, stuff like dandelions etc. are hard to fight here.
I could use as much help as I could with them.

daniellenc

Maryland
Pictures?? And welcome!! Since you live in their native country food should be easy but I’m totally ignorant to what grows there. I’m sure someone will chime in soon.

GrienWizz

Suriname
Well I hope to see eggs one day as well.... I have seen them mating once. So hopefully it has happened a few more times and hopefully she will lay some eggs soon.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Wow they are beautiful!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
There is 2 apps I use one called "picture this" you can download and take pictures of plants and weeds and it will usually tell you what it's called. Then there's another app called "tortoise table" that you can look up what you found and it will tell you if its safe to feed your redfoots. I've found it useful.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It finds about 75% of the stuff I find here in America. Just compare it to the pictures of what it says it is to be sure. If you have any doubts, don't feed it. That's what I do.

Aaron K.

Rochester New York
Welcome to the forum!
Your tortoises are beautiful!! But ........is it me, one of the 2 looks like a Yellow Foot. Either way, absolutely gorgeous!!

GrienWizz

Suriname
Welcome to the forum!
Your tortoises are beautiful!! But ........is it me, one of the 2 looks like a Yellow Foot. Either way, absolutely gorgeous!!

Thank You....
Hmmm... Which one of them woupd you say looks like a yellow foot?

minnesota
Welcome to the forum!
I was thinking the same thing, the one in the water dish looks like a yellow foot. But I am by no means an expert. Very pretty tortoises the both of them are.