Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Fran!

Be sure to read the pinned threads at the top of the Sulcata section.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Frananna welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Have a great tort day ! But be careful torts taste everything including fuss but unlike cats torts cannt cough up fur balls .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OOPS! Sorry. We also have a good care sheet at the top of the Greek section!!

***Yvonne looks sheepishly around to see if anyone was watching***

Did I get it right that time?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Yvonne G
Have a great tort day ! Are you having a great day with teens ? I was just reading the torts and old age deaths . But your doing great .

frananne1

Wales, Uk
Thanks everyone,

He is actually a Hermann about 1 year old. (Sorry for the misleading Instagram photo!)

His enclosure isn't very fancy at the moment but I'm looking at building him a table soon and researching different floor stuff. He seems to be settling in well and isn't shy at all!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420022552.038775.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420022571.920709.jpg

Excuse the empty food bowl.... Took the photo just as I first put him in :p it is now a full food bowl!

I'm a bit worried about heat at night... It's quite cold where I live at the moment and it's his first winter. Once his lights are off I'm thinking of covering the enclosure with a blanket to keep in some of the heat... Do you think this will be okay? Or even help?

Thanks everyone, I've been reading everything on here including the fact sheets and stuff. Really looking forward to having this little guy around for a long time :)