New house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexx

5 Year Member
I'm looking at getting a new enclosure for my Herman, ATM he's in one with glass doors which I've read that they can get frustrated with because they think they can get out but I think he likes to look out of it aswell :) I'm thinking do I get one like the same but bigger or a table top one but I've got cats so would have to have mesh on the top or something. What does everyone think/recommend? Thanku :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Alexx:

Are you wanting to make a new one because the one he's in is too small? I was going to suggest if it works, don't fix it. If he's not frustrated by the glass then it doesn't bother him. If you want to go bigger, then you can figure out some way to cover the top to keep the cats out. Its fairly easy with wooden framework and some sort of wire or mesh stapled to it. You can either cut out for the lights or sit the lights right on the wire. But you have to have big enough mesh so the UV doesn't bounce off.

Alexx

5 Year Member
Ye the one he's in now is abit to small for him now he's growing, I've seen one like the one he's in now but it's alot bigger so he'd have more room to run around :) I've heard a open top one is better for there lungs and that? Thanku for replying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.