New Job

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I think I got a new job!

I love the company I work for but for my mental health I need a new job. My manager is a bully, and it has taken a huge toll on me. She won't let me transfer out of the department bc she needs me, and even after talking to the VP and president, nothing has happened. The president even said that he doesn't want employees to be boxed into their current position, but that's what I am.

Management is supposed to help employees move in the company to where they want to be and where their strengths lie. My management will not allow that. She likes people that back down and that isn't me, which is why we butt heads. she bullies worse when she realizes she is wrong or I know more about the topic at hand.

Anyway, my anxiety has skyrocketed since I've been under my current manager, about 9-10 months. I suffer chest pains and mini-panic attacks. I have stress-induced asthma that flavors up. There were internal changes and I had no choice-go or leave. I needed the job. Anyway, I think I may have gotten the perfect job for me- web marketing.

I've had my interviews. My references called. And I interviewed with a friend's boss (a VP) who said he felt I was the better choice than the other candidate. I would actually be taking her old job, since she just transferred to a new job in the company.

The HR guy called me Friday but I thought it was my Dr reminding me of my appointment. Anyway, I emailed him and will call first thing in the morning.

I'm terrified to leave a company I've been with with just over 5 years, but excited to move forth with my career and health. I'm a quirky person, but the stress over the past 9-10 months has made some of my quirks worse.

Anyway, wish me luck.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Good luck with your new adventure. And I hadn't realized you were an NFL player. Get it? That was a joke!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Good luck. If you for some reason don't get this one, keep looking. Know job is worth your health.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hope you get the job and like it as much as your thinking you will. :)

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I GOT IT!

I turned in my notice today and another manager offered me double my current salary if I moved to her department. I think they'd give me the cash, but wouldn't keep me in her department, and i would end up back under my current boss. they would have to make me a supervisor to justify the doubled salary anyway, and that won't happen.

My current manager told the department not to talk about dirty laundry within the department. Basically why I am leaving- super unhappy. The whole company knows and no one likes working with the department. It's called denial.

No growth. No satisfaction.

Anyway, I got my papers for my new job and I'm going to have them ready tomorrow. The health care doesn't seem as good but I'm going from an Aflac subsidiary to another company with awesome benefits with a low price.