New member needing advise

Susan cunningham

Location (City and/or State)
Mirfield west yorkshire
I have 5 hermans eggs in incubator at 30 degrees they were laid 83 days ago there is definitely something going on inside they have all chalked but one not as much as 3 of them and one has developed a dark shadow at the bottom of it , they seem to have been in there forever will they still hatch or have they gone over their time

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Susan, welcome to the forum from another UK member.
I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I'm sure an experienced breeder will be along soon.
Hope you have success with some eggs.

(You may get more answers if you post your question in the Tortoise Breeding section
or a search about incubation periods may help)

Susan cunningham

Mirfield west yorkshire
I have 5 hermans eggs in incubator at 30 degrees they were laid 83 days ago there is definitely something going on inside they have all chalked but one not as much as 3 of them and one has developed a dark shadow at the bottom of it , they seem to have been in there forever will they still hatch or have they gone over their time
Hi Susan, welcome to the forum from another UK member.
I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I'm sure an experienced breeder will be along soon.
Hope you have success with some eggs.

(You may get more answers if you post your question in the Tortoise Breeding section
or a search about incubation periods may help)
Thank you Lyn I'm still trying to find my way around the site it's a bit tricky at the mo

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes it takes a while.
I don't know what I'd do without this site, I have learned and still am learning so much!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have not yet hatched my own, but have read many posts of eggs still hatching way after their time and to not give up until it is obvious that they have gone bad.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Susan, and welcome to the Forum!

Wait a while. They usually take about 3 months.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Susan, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise forum.
Just wait and wait and wait!!!!!
Until it becomes impossible, it is possible, so patience, as so often with tortoises, is the key. :)