Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynthia

5 Year Member
Hello, I am Cynthia from Texas. I live on the Gulf coast between Galveston Island and Houston. I have had box turtles since the 70s. My little boy, then, grown man now, used to find them and bring then home. We still have the original one, named Boxer. Over the years with the loss of habitat, fire ants, and roads and cars, people have brought them to me. Some mangled some perfect. I've loved and cared for them all. 19 years ago I went into a pet store, and saw a small box turtle, but had a different look to it. I brought it home to find out that it was a Malaysian box turtle. He has lived the last 19 years with my 26 box turtles. In the past month I became a caregiver for a sulcata tortoise. He has some slight pyramiding, and weighs about 10 pounds. We live on 5 acres, in a rural area. Hubby is fixing to start working on a habitat for him. Right now he is in the large fenced in backyard, away from the box turtles. He has Plenty of grass, lots of shade, sun and wonderful temperatures.Upper 90s in the day and mid to low 80s at night. Living on the Gulf Coast near Galveston we also have high humidity. I wanted to introduce myself, I hope I did this right, thanks!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome! Did you ever do the right thing!
You will love this forum.
You have had tortoises for a very kong time, which is so great to see.
If possible could you post pictures of some of your tortoises?
Again, welcome to the forum.

:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cynthia, and welcome to the Forum!

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Welcome. This is the best place for info, encouragement, and fun. Post pics please is our mantra.

Cynthia

5 Year Member
Thank y'all for the warm welcomes! I'll get some pictures coming. A busy time here right now with Labor Day weekend. Will probably be after the 3 day weekend is over. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday. Lots of good barbecue, family and friends!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. You truly are a reptile lover! Yes, we'd all love to see your bodies, especially the Malaysian boxie. Also, I have 3 sullies myself. I would love to see a pic of yours.

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
Welcome nice little family of turtles let's see some pictures some time.Glad to have you on the forum!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Cynthia

5 Year Member
Busy day here! Yes, Torty Tom, we are close neighbors :) I live down the Gulf freeway from you. Between League City and Texas City.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...nice introduction...would love to see your pics. Have a safe and happy holiday...

Lil-Star

5 Year Member
UK
Well done for giving the little guy a better home :)

1.1.0 - Indian Stars

Cynthia

5 Year Member
Lumpy, getting some shade on a very hot Texas afternoon. ImageUploadedByTortForum1378271894.250556.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.