New Sulcata Owner

JenPen

Location (City and/or State)
Northern Illinois
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself! New Sulcata owner and excited for the new, LONG term, adventure ahead!

Thank you for all the info on this forum as I’ve used it a lot already to problem solve food (winter is coming) and humidity (heat is on).

I really want to give my Sully the best, healthiest life ahead!

Willing to learn and grow!

Pictures from September and November

Jen IMG_2657.jpegIMG_1709.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself! New Sulcata owner and excited for the new, LONG term, adventure ahead!

Thank you for all the info on this forum as I’ve used it a lot already to problem solve food (winter is coming) and humidity (heat is on).

I really want to give my Sully the best, healthiest life ahead!

Willing to learn and grow!

Pictures from September and November

Jen View attachment 363309View attachment 363310
Hello and welcome. Start here and look for the sulcata care sheet near the bottom:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome, start soaking your little friend daily. Make sure container is high enough so he won't crawl out. Wid enough so he can turn around. Water depth is where the carapace (top shell) and plastron (bottom shell meet. 1/2 hr to 45min and make sure water stays warm. I usually had a second tub ready. Because they generally 💩 in the first tub.
One of the best tools you can get and will use often is a infrared temp gun. Just don't point at eyes. You can keep the water temp correct and will be very handy checking different areas of your enclosure.
Screenshot_20201118-094349_Chrome.jpg

JenPen

Northern Illinois
Thank you all for your info and warm welcomes. Just ordered some seeds from tortoise supply store so I can be self-sufficient. THANK YOU!!

Reactions: Tom

JenPen

Northern Illinois
Welcome. The caresheets on this forum will give you the best possible care. Follow them to a T and all should go very well.
Thank you! I see you live in Illinois too! I am in the Northern Suburbs. I am reading them now and shopping for the items I missed as I read :D