New sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric1283

5 Year Member
Just acquired my first sulcata it is a beautiful hatchling but there are so many contradicting things on the Internet regarding humidity levels some say high humidity some say low humidity the same goes with temp some say high temps and some say low so I just want to hear from some experienced owners what do you do?

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
This is what I know from my Leo which has basically the same care as your sully. 90 bask warm side 80s cool side high 70s. basking area is humid high humid. Ever since I got using high humidity on one side my leopard has been growing smooth love it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Click the links in my signature for a whole bunch of threads on sulcatas and the current info on their care.

eric1283

5 Year Member
So I was just wondering when I got my sulcata yesterday it was constantly walking around its cage but now it spends most of its time in the basking area is this normal I should point out that the pet store did not have a basking area for it and they had it for 3 weeks.

eric1283

5 Year Member
So is this normal behavior for them to just stay in the basking area

Xander

5 Year Member
I know with mine who is about 2 yrs old, he falls asleep in his basking area, then if he gets too warm he will wake up and go back in his hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.