I need help with humidity

brian.le02

Location (City and/or State)
Surprise Arizona
Hello I have a month old sulcata tortoise and I’m having trouble keeping the humidity levels high right now I am at a 52% which I know is 30% to low I am using coconut coir and cypress mulch in the enclosure I also have an open top indoor enclosure please help me I would like to keep my boy at the right humidity levels so he can be happy what can I do???

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Hello I have a month old sulcata tortoise and I’m having trouble keeping the humidity levels high right now I am at a 52% which I know is 30% to low I am using coconut coir and cypress mulch in the enclosure I also have an open top indoor enclosure please help me I would like to keep my boy at the right humidity levels so he can be happy what can I do???

Omg [emoji23]CLOSED chambers! Read this!
How To Raise A Healthy Sulcata Or Leopard, Version 2.0
https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php...ealthy-Sulcata-Or-Leopard,-Version-2.0.79895/

brian.le02

Surprise Arizona
I closed half of the of the enclosure and the humidity went up to 67% after a heavy misting it then went down to a 61% any other ideas?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You need to buy or build a closed chamber. Covering half the top or all of the top is better than nothing, but you are not going to be able to maintain the correct conditions with an open top.