New table for my russian

doc_hobo

I am going to build a new table for my russian soon and wanted to what everyone thought about an L shaped table. The max space i have for one right now is 2 x3 1/2 for the long side and 2 x 2 1/2 for the short side. Until i finish getting my BSN im stuck in this small house and will make a bigger better one then. i wanted to make the front side glass so i can still look in. I love watching him eat and walk around. He is only about 3in right now. Im also not sure how to make the front window any suggestions?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hey, whatever is good for you . I think thats a good size enclosure ..

doc_hobo

I thought the size would ok any thoughts on how to make the front side a window?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
A small pc of plexi and silicone it in. I bought small windows from a re sell place for mine. You may want to concider a second story too.

doc_hobo

i was thing about a second story but im not committed to the idea. with the window would i need to cut a grove to set in or just flat against it?

StuMac

5 Year Member
"L" shape is a great style to use, it gives loads of space without taking up too much, plus it means you can put obstacles/ornaments/ food etc in different places from time to time to keep your tort interested. I built a 6'x4' on my floor, and we have it along the back wall. It means we still have plenty floor space...plus you can always add a second level for a hide! Good luck!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409383085.609080.jpg

doc_hobo

yours lookd great. i like the skull! i think i need one for mine now.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I will be lexan for my front window, because it is a little more clear than plexi :D I'll be cutting the whole front wall in half, then installing the window, and using wood glue to seal them back up! That sounds nice.... hope it comes out great :D