Building indoor Russian tortoise table

Janelle Green

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
My husbands Building me a tortoise table for my new baby coming this week ❤️ More pictures to come as it finishes , liquid nail is drying now , this is the bottom side and will have legs and side walls . It will be a 2x4ft indoor enclosure. Material used ---(2)8ft 1" by 8" . (1) 2x4ft cedar plywood. 12ft of 2x4s . Liquid nails . Nails and screws cost $40 in material

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 60

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is this for an actual baby tort? If it's for an adult new tort, then I'm very sorry to say it is way too small. Minimum for adult 4x8 and that's not all torts, just the smaller species. Otherwise, if it's for a baby then it should be fine. Be sure to seal the wood or line it with plastic to protect it from rot and molding.

Janelle Green

Colorado
It's for a baby Russian tortoise also have outdoor enclosure as well indoor is only for cold weather / winters

Last edited:

Janelle Green

Colorado
image.jpeg 3 sides are up so far and got bottom base done for legs and structure , made sides deep enough so I can add good layer of subtrate and tortoise can't escape

Janelle Green

Colorado
image.jpeg Added the decorations and food/ water dishes , each side has their own dish so the hatchlings won't fight for food, the barrier also gives them privacy and their own space perfect for a 2 hatchling enclosure. I added live plants, rocks, log hideouts , ceramic food/water dishes, bark substrate and coco substrate . Ran out of substrate used the remainder what I had already so going tomorrow morning and it'll finally be finished! Get the babies at 430pm ❤️Love my husband so much for spending hours on this he worked very hard

Janelle Green

Colorado
image.jpeg Added the lights , got them secured on so they can't fall. In love with my tortoise table my husband built me!! More substrate tomorrow and it'll look amazing , going to get the humidity set perfect before the babies arrive ❤️

Janelle Green

Colorado
image.jpeg image.jpeg My new babies ❤️ Their siblings won't know sex for awhile but their temp was 88. Have no names for them yet. Gave them each their own side for privacy and tried feeding them on different sides but they shared the same bowl so I put the food bowls together . I don't want any bullying for food so want to feed them separate but guess they like eating together for now . Love how my cold side turned out nice and cool with the coco and perfect humidity

Janelle Green

Colorado
They look great! How old are they?
They will be a year old December 5th, I was just supposed to get one but she gave me the other for free because we became good friends and I let her come over check all their enclosures out today. I am super in love with them. Not sure if their girls of coarse takes a few years to know but she had temp at 88 so we just call them girls, named one Zoey and one Cleo. ❤️