New To Forum

SereneSunRises

Hello, New to the forum, decided it should be a great place to keep informed and share good information on the proper care of Tortoises. I have recently acquired a young Sulcatta or I beleive African Spur Thigh that we decided to take in because our location seems to be one that would be copacetic. Not to mention we love to share our lives with any captive species that we can give a better life to that it may currently be in. This fellow was in a colder climate where it had to spend a lot of its time indoors during cold months and although well cared for our friend the caretaker thought it might be happier in our warm southwestern climate.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Just to avoid confusion - a sulcata (Geochelone sulcata) is also called an African spurred tortoise. But never a 'spur thighed' tortoise. This would be a Greek (Testudo graeca) tortoise, or spur thighed tortoise.

SereneSunRises

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Just to avoid confusion - a sulcata (Geochelone sulcata) is also called an African spurred tortoise. But never a 'spur thighed' tortoise. This would be a Greek (Testudo graeca) tortoise, or spur thighed tortoise.
Thank you for clearing that up for me ..

Last edited by a moderator:

SereneSunRises

well, I thank everyone for the welcome, I am hoping to do right by this fellow or gal in hopes of him or her having as nice a life as possibly in a captive environment.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. Great to have you here !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum