New tortoises-help needed

langdales

Location (City and/or State)
Poole, Dorset
Hi
I’ve just re homed two tortoises. One lived in a garage with a heat lamp,seems happy enough and is eating well. Been to vets to have claws and beck clipped. Had a bath. It wants to sit in corner under heat lamp a lot,is this ok? Should it be hibernating? Has a second light,should I also have this on?

Second tortoise lives inside,currently in my lounge. No heat lamp or light. Seems less active. Bathed it yesterday. Wants to hide in its home all the time. Should it be hibernating? It is eating but a lot less than the other one.

Sorry only just got them,any help gratefully received. Just want to make sure they are happy.xx

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hi
I’ve just re homed two tortoises. One lived in a garage with a heat lamp,seems happy enough and is eating well. Been to vets to have claws and beck clipped. Had a bath. It wants to sit in corner under heat lamp a lot,is this ok? Should it be hibernating? Has a second light,should I also have this on?

Second tortoise lives inside,currently in my lounge. No heat lamp or light. Seems less active. Bathed it yesterday. Wants to hide in its home all the time. Should it be hibernating? It is eating but a lot less than the other one.

Sorry only just got them,any help gratefully received. Just want to make sure they are happy.xx
Hi, and welcome to TFO!
What kind of tortoises are they? Maybe you could post some pix and you'll get lots of good advice!

langdales

Poole, Dorset
Hi these are the tortoises. They were re homed for my children who love them. I think they are both about ten years old. I’ve not really been provided with any information about them.x