New uk owner of shelly. 20 year old Herman female.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning @pippin,

I've scrolled back to your first post and Shelly is beautiful ❤️. How old is she? Here are some pictures of Jacky in her enclosure but as it is getting warmer she will be sleeping in her pet carrier which she used to share with her former partner Daisy (1942 - 2022).

The first picture is of Jacky in bed covered by polystyrene and rope tiles that used to adorn her old tortoise house and the second one was taken just before I put her out. This was after lunch when we had a lot of rain.

Natrah View attachment 371002View attachment 371003View attachment 371002
I love Jacky's carapace. High domed and very smooth.

MaNaAk

Southend
Below is a picture of Jacky eating dandelions, strawberries, greens, Romaine Lettuce and tomatoes. Strawberries and tomatoes should be given as a treat and as she is 88 she is okay on this diet plus kale and weeds:IMG20240524131336.jpg

pippin

Preston uk
Good morning @pippin,

I've scrolled back to your first post and Shelly is beautiful ❤️. How old is she? Here are some pictures of Jacky in her enclosure but as it is getting warmer she will be sleeping in her pet carrier which she used to share with her former partner Daisy (1942 - 2022).

The first picture is of Jacky in bed covered by polystyrene and rope tiles that used to adorn her old tortoise house and the second one was taken just before I put her out. This was after lunch when we had a lot of rain.

Natrah View attachment 371002View attachment 371003View attachment 371002
Ahh Jacky looks lovely 😍. She's a big girl! Shelly isn't very big. She's about 19/20 we think? We're not absolutely sure if she's a western or Eastern Hermann tortie? She has a few 'issues' from years of mismanagement but hopefully we can minimise further damage and give her a good life. She's VERY curious and lively and eating well so hopefully we are doing things right. Just a little confused at the moment as to her heat/ light requirements for keeping her outside during spring summer, because as you know our weather is VERY unpredictable.

MaNaAk

Southend
Ahh Jacky looks lovely 😍. She's a big girl! Shelly isn't very big. She's about 19/20 we think? We're not absolutely sure if she's a western or Eastern Hermann tortie? She has a few 'issues' from years of mismanagement but hopefully we can minimise further damage and give her a good life. She's VERY curious and lively and eating well so hopefully we are doing things right. Just a little confused at the moment as to her heat/ light requirements for keeping her outside during spring summer, because as you know our weather is VERY unpredictable.
Thankyou @pippin!

Jacky's enclosure when she's inside during the day is 28 degrees Celsius and overnight it is 20 degrees Celsius but as it warms up I will stop putting her in the enclosure and she will be in the Pet Carrier. Every other I sprinkle a bit of cuttle fish on to her lettuce for calcium.

Natrah