New Website, What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise-kid

5 Year Member
I created a new website that provides basic Red Footed Tortoise care information like housing and diet.

Please Check it Out and give me some feedback.

http://red-footed-tortoise.com/

Also you might find that some of your photos are on the website if you submitted them to me when I posted a thread about it.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
It is, as I have mentioned before, a very attractive site.

As for feedback, how much are you ready for? For example, on the detailed diet page, it says to avoid... "Store Bought Tortoise Pellets: Cause of Pyramiding and are a Chocking Hazard" I believe you mean 'choking', and can you verify these statements? I have not seen any reliable evidence of either comment. There is no info on how to maintain humidity in an open table, etc.

You probably cannot control it, but there is a big splashy ad for a company many of us choose to not do business with there as well.

Good luck! Keeping a site fresh, accurate, and meaningful is a pain in the neck and I applaud you for trying!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
I'd rather not bad-mouth a company in an open forum. Are your ads through a service or directly linked?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
also, I believe you should give photo credits to the people that took them and shared with us on here.

tortoise-kid

5 Year Member
Madkins007 said:
I'd rather not bad-mouth a company in an open forum. Are your ads through a service or directly linked?

My ads are put on my website through a service. I have no control over what is displayed just the fact that they are relevant to my website.

pdrobber said:
also, I believe you should give photo credits to the people that took them and shared with us on here.
I would absolutely love to do that. Unfortunately I didn't think about it at the time and didn't keep up with who was giving me photos and their names.

So if you see your photo please PM me with your name and what photo you took. I would be more than happy to give your credit for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.